Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Please Rob Me

Foursquare.com and pleaserobme.com are both sites just like twitter, but have to do with where you are and not what you are doing. I read two articles on the sites that was about people giving away their positions which could lead to them getting robbed. In the articles it is basically saying that when you tell someone you don't know where you are that's telling them that your not home and that could lead to someone going to your house and robbing you.
I get what they're saying and I myself don't give my information to people on the internet let alone where I am. I personally think it's your decision, but they should do something so it's not so public.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts Matt. That's why it's important to review your security settings to see who can see you profile and information on social networking sites. It's also important to think about who can see what your posting when you are applying for jobs or colleges.

    ReplyDelete